We are no longer accepting 2021 Scholarship Applications
NCBW Dallas Metropolitan Chapter Scholarship
Chartered in June of 2018, the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. Dallas Metropolitan Chapter (NCBW) serves as an advocacy organization dedicated to the empowerment of black women and girls through programs focused on education, health, political awareness, civic engagement, and leadership development. We endeavor to support the community as well as aspiring young black women by providing assistance and encouragement to further their education. NCBW Dallas Metropolitan Chapter is pleased to offer students an opportunity to apply for funding towards their pursuit of a higher education.
We are offering two (2) scholarships in the amount of $1,500.00 each. Application deadline has been extended to April 2, 2021. Awards will be sent directly to the recipient’s school upon verification of enrollment.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Black female
- High school senior (class of 2020-2021) graduating from a DFW area high school
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 on a 4.0 scale Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Accepted to an accredited institution of higher learning, a two or four-year college, university, or technical/vocational school at the time of scholarship application
Immediate family members of NCBW Dallas Metropolitan members are ineligible to apply.
Application Selection Criteria and Submission Procedure
For scholarship consideration applicants must submit the following information to the NCBW Dallas Metropolitan Scholarship Committee before or by April 2, 2021:
- Completed application packet. Incomplete applications will not be considered, no exceptions
- Provide a copy of transcript
- Letter of interest to include: interests; school, humanitarian acts of kindness performed in your community, and/or religious activities you currently participate in (300 words).
- Essay or 2 minute video describing your plans for the future and why you feel African-American women are influential to our society
- Two letters of recommendation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. One reference provided by school personnel and one from a member of the community (non-family members). Email must include applicant’s name in the email subject line.
- Annual household income for the year of 2020
- Personal headshot/photo
The application, with required materials, must be submitted before or by April 2, 2021.
For more information or questions, please contact: Andrea Anderson, email@example.com.